Happy baboo mug, by Marieta Iosifidou
|My red baboo cozy mug|
• A mug
• Red knitting yarn – 50gr.
• Two cozy buttons
• One simple button
• Tapestry needle
• BO = bind off http://www.knittinghelp.com/video/play/basic-knit-bind-off-continental
• CO = cast on http://www.knittinghelp.com/video/play/long-tail-cast-on
• Yo=yarn over
• K = knit
• P = purl
• RS = right side of the work
• WS= wrong side of the work
• Rep = repeat
• GS = garter stitch
CO 7 stiches
Knit 4 rows
Continue in GS
Work 1 stitch increase at each first stitch of the row , until you have 18 stitches.
Body of pattern
WS of the work and only for one row- GS and continue pattern as follow:
I . Chart
• RS row: K2*baboo stitch*, repeat 7 times, K2 (see the video that follow)
WS row: K2, P14,K2
Rep these two rows 7 times. Then rep the once.
Continue pattern as follow:
• GS for 2 rows.(all stitches K, in the RS and the WS )
• R1-rs: K all stitches
• R2-ws: K2, P6,K2,P6,K2
• Repeat R1 & R2 for 4 times.
• In the next two rows, all stitches K (GS)
Continue proceed as follow:
• RS row: K2*baboo stitch*, repeat 8 times, K2 (see the video that follow)
WS row: K2, P14,K2
Rep these two rows 8 times
Now your work has to measure all until here: 20cm(8inch).
Here start the decrease of pattern , the ending and the holebutton.
Work with garter stitch and decrease 1 stitch (K2tog) in the beginning of every row until
you have 13 sts
• K2tog, K3, bind off 3 stitches, K3, K2tog.
• K4, cast on 2 stitches, K4
• K2tog, K6, K2tog
• K all sts
• K all sts , BO, break your yarn.
Sew buttons into the center of the squares, as shown in the photograph . Sew the bigger button on to the end of the mug hug to fix with the buttonhole at the other end.
25 x 10cm
If you need smaller size for you mug (20x7cm) , you can follow the same pattern but using thinner yarn and smaller size of needles (3 or 3,5mm).